Friday, August 14, 2009

Getting Ready for Fall 2009

Grades are in for the summer semester, and my 4.0 streak continues! Woohoo! I know that this coming semester is going to be a challenge though, so I'm not sure if that 4.0 will survive this coming semester.

I'll be taking the last of FSU's four "core" classes - LIS 5408 - Management of Information Organization:
This course is designed to develop a conceptual framework for integrating fundamental management concepts, principles, theories, and practices into an effective personal management process that relates to information organizations of the 21st century.

From what I've heard, this course is a lot of work including a huge group project.

I'll also be taking LIS 5565 - Information Needs of Young Adults:
Study of media for young adults in relation to their characteristics, needs, interests and abilities. Evaluation and use of printed and audiovisual materials.

I'm really excited about this class! If it's anything like my Information Needs of Children class, there will be lots of great books to read and projects that are interesting. I just ordered the books for this class, and we'll be readings some books that I've been meaning to read for awhile; I guess now I have a good excuse to finally read them!

My textbooks are ordered, and I'm ready for the semester to start. I just wish that the break between semesters was a week or two longer to give me a little bit more relaxation before getting back to the hard (but interesting) school work I know will be coming this semester.

No comments: